Skip to main content

Plans gone Astray

Sometimes, things happen. We look at the situation with the best of intentions, and it simply doesn't work. This short post has taken me well over three hours to produce.

After catching a box that was sliding (heavier than expected) directly on the shoulder joint, my typing has been severely limited, and hand- writing and -drawing even more so. And this is driving me insane.

I want to say I've done a lot of study, and moving forward - but I haven't. I've been hyper-focused on a series of interviews, and attempting to tease out usable information given to me by those that are using another computer language, or a different framework. One of those folks is super-helpful: and makes me wish to go to the keyboard and type - but I can't. And it frustrates her and I.

I have a longer post I've been working on, so I hope the next post is more informative!

Popular posts from this blog

30 Days of Postman - for Testers!

  https://www.pexels.com/photo/white-and-brown-cat-lying-beside-a-laptop-and-toys-5468268/ Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels   Working with developer- focused tools can be a challenge for some testers: we may know what the words mean, but haven't used those skills recently enough to make the tasks simple. Or we may not have ever used them, other than at a quick glance to make sure that what we are getting matches what it should be sending. And some give results that require us to go find another team member to help interpret the results. Being a more-independent tester has always been one of my goals - being able to use the tools that are common in the team, and be able to do at least basic tasks that support my tests with them. Our team used Postman for many of the API tasks that we had, so exploring this tool was a natural fit. There are alternatives it there, both graphical and command line, so feel free to explore! The items that you can do, and tools that help

Where Is It? Part 1 - Inputs

Photo by Pixabay from Pexels     I am job-searching, and running into some coding challenges. Most of them are simple - some seem to want one-line solutions that require two cups of coffee and a half-hour to figure out what they want. Others are far above where my skills lie, and these I give a try for, and learn. And then there are the ones that offer, seemingly randomly, a challenge - within my skills (or at least my research skills) - that could be used as part of a larger project that I want to work on. This was the case last week, when I tried for a position that was a bit above what I felt I could do comfortably. The challenge was to let someone enter items, and then give back their location. In a language I am just familiar enough to be a danger to myself in. Happily, and thinking forward about how I could use this as a part of a larger program that would  use something like this to interact with the user. And also, this is command line, and thinking of how to set this up to

Do Your Tests Wobble?

Image by delo from Pixabay “The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.”  ― Confucius  I was asked to pair Blog with Lena Weiberg - much to my shock and delight. This was the perfect opportunity to hear another point of view on something, and share it with the wider community.  ~ Part of being a good tester, to me, is making sure I stay aware of the trends in development. Knowing  how the team is working can help get comments and questions to them at the proper times, and has  the information that can be acted on. In this quest, I attended a recent online conversation where the  topic was primarily on the size of 'steps' taken in software development: making sure each step takes  a reasonable amount of time, that it leaves the system in a state that isn't worse than it was before the  change, and that could - if needed - be deployed at this point.  The concept of “wobble”  (I'm not sure